The Work of PFFWA
In order to spread its message, keep parents informed and ensure parental input into educational policy development and funding issues, the Federation:
- has quarterly meetings with the Acting Executive Director of Catholic Education of Western Australia (CEWA) and many other office staff.
- has nominees on the Catholic Education Commission of WA (CECWA) and it's three sub committees – Catholic Education WA - Audit and Risk, Catholic Education WA - Curriculum, Catholic Education WA - Community
- is represented on the Australian Parents’ Council (APC), with the current President drawn from WA and one Board Member.
is represented on the Catholic School Parents Australia (CSPA) Council, with an Executive and Council member.
has nominees on the Faith Formation and Religious Standing Commitee, Director's Advisory Panel - Directorate of Community Engagement, WA Health Promoting Schools Association, the Rural & Remote Education Advisory Council, the WA Road Safety Education Committee and the WA School Drug Education Reference Group.
- lodges submissions and responses on funding and educational policy issues and meets with State and Federal Government Ministers, Members of Parliament and representatives of the Department of Education and the Western Australian Department of Education Services.
- holds biennial conference and financially supports parents from Catholic schools in regional WA to attend, with the kind assistance of Lotterywest.
- forwards newsletters and information to affiliated associations currently operating in 162 Catholic schools in Western Australia,
- provides support and resources to affiliated school parent community organisations and their elected Office Bearers, including regular visits to schools.
- maintains a growing list of resources, which are available for loan to Associations and their members.