The Work of PFFWA
2016 Annual Report
In order to spread its message, keep parents informed and ensure parental input into educational policy development and funding issues, the Federation:
- has quarterly meetings with the Director of Catholic Education of Western Australia (CEWA)
- has nominees on the Catholic Education Commission of WA (CECWA) and its 4 Standing Committees – the Religious Education and Curriculum Committee (RECC), School Personnel Committee (SPC), School Resources Committee (SRC) and Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
- has a Vice-President and national executive position on the Australian Parents’ Council
- has nominees on the WA Health Promoting Schools Association, the Family Council of WA, the WA College of Teaching, the Rural & Remote Education Advisory Council and the Curriculum Council’s Senior Secondary Education Committee.
- lodges submissions and responses on funding and educational policy issues and meets with State and Federal Government Ministers, Members of Parliament and representatives of the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations and the Western Australian Department of Education Services.
- holds an annual conference and financially supports parents from Catholic schools in regional WA to attend, with the kind assistance of Lotterywest.
- forwards newsletters and information to 120 affiliated associations currently operating in 158 Catholic schools in Western Australia, representing 49000 students and their parents.
- provides support and resources to affiliated Parents and Friends’ Associations and their elected Office Bearers.
- maintains a growing list of resources, which are available for loan to Associations and their members. Currently, we have 10 Keypads available for Quiz nights, AGM’s, etc. and crockery.